|Chair of Governors||Mr T Whitehead|
|Vice Chair of Governors||Mr W Beresford|
|Headteacher||Mrs L Finch|
|Foundation Governors||Father Shaun Baldwin|
|Mr T Whitehead|
|Mrs B Heath|
|Parent Governors||Mrs N McCoy|
|Mr N Davies|
|Miss C Booth|
|Staff Governor||Mrs D Gant|
|Co-Opted Governors||Mr W Beresford|
|Mrs P Barlow|
|Mrs M Evason|
|Observer||Mrs T O'Sullivan|
We have a strong team of governor's at St Aidan's. They meet formally three times a year for full governors and committee meetings. They are a valuable presence in the school community during special events and catch up visits to the school. In addition to the full governing body meetings we also hold termly meetings for finance, curriculum and well-being and standards and effectiveness.
Together, the Governors are responsible for:
- Setting aims and targets for the school and checking the school’s progress towards attaining these.
- Monitoring how well the school’s policies and plans are working.
- Accounting for the performance of the school and the Governing Board.
- Working with the Headteacher to make sure that teaching at school is effective and that the children are making the best possible progress.
- Taking general responsibility for the school and its budget.
- Challenging and supporting the senior leadership team and taking opportunities to show interest in and appreciation of staff and pupils.
- Promoting the interests of the school and its pupils in the wider community.
Types of Governors
There are several different types of Governor:
Parent Governor – Elected from parents at the school by parents at the school.
Staff Governor – Elected from staff at the school by staff at the school.
Local Authority (LA) Governors – Appointed by the LA.
Foundation Governors – Appointed by the Church of England
Co-opted Governors – Appointed by members of the Governing Board. They are intended to be representative of the local community and may add particular areas of expertise.