Scorpions Mon 15th June
Date: 10th Jun 2020 @ 5:34pm
Me again!!! Hope you're all well and managing to keep happy and healthy. Here's the work for this week but remember you can also do any of the activities on the Home Learning page of the website. Also, try to do some reading regularly. Any probles with anything, or you just want to say hello, send me an email to email@example.com
Keep smiling x
English - Ruin
Watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doteMqP6eSc
Questions to answer:
- When is this story set? How do we know?
- What do you think has happened?
- How did one man survive or are there more?
- What is trying to stop him and why?
- What will happen next?
Writing opportunities – take your pick!!!
- Describe the settings in the opening scenes.
- Create an internal monologue for the character. (See note below)
- Retell the story (or parts of it) as a third person narrative.
- Create a character profile.
- Create a news report to describe the day the 'world ended'.
- Write a prequel.
- Design additional futuristic weapons/machines - draw diagrams and write explanations.
- When the film ends what happens next? Continue the story.
Creating an internal monologue for the character.
I pushed the container to the edge of the 87th floor and watched it fall down. The noise it made thundered around the
empty buildings but there was no one there to hear and it was the only way I was going to get it open. I switched on
the machine and there I was, my own face staring back at me. It was coming back to me. I need to get to research facility B.
Maths – Escape Rooms
Solve the puzzles to find the number for the code.
Escape the Room – do this one if you like maths and are good at it.
Escape the Hut – if you struggle with maths - try this one.
Thinking outside the box activity – decide on some nouns and fill in the sheet or write in yellow book.