English will be based around different themes. Autumn term is The Place Where I Live and Fighting Fit, Spring term is Explorers and The Farm Shop and Summer term is Wind in the Willows and Buckets and Sapdes.
throughout these topics we will be looking at;
- Stories with familiar settings
- Non-chronological reports
- Poems on a theme
- Traditional tales with a twist
- Stories by the same author
- Animals adventure stories
- recount – letters
- classic Poems
- Story as a theme
- poems on a theme
Writing class target - To be able to write and punctuate simple and compound sentences using the joining words and, but, so and or.
Reading class target - To be able to make predictions about character.